Human Options seeks a detail-oriented person with excellent organizational and analytical skills to be a part of the Administrative staff. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing accounting functions essential to the operation of the organization in accordance with Human Options’ standard procedures and GAAP. The position reports to the Finance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process agency A/P and A/R weekly.
- Make accounting entries for company credit card expenses.
- Reconcile vendor account statements monthly.
- Maintain accounting files, including vendor database and delegating filing tasks to office interns & volunteers.
- Investigate questionable invoices and requests.
- Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with audit preparation and finance-related projects such as online time & labor tracking, paperless system implementation, and cost allocation projects.
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly invoices for multiple federal, state, and local grants.
- Maintain separate files for each grant with required documentation.
- Maintain grants calendar of activities and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Act as relief person for general administrative duties including answering phones, greeting and directing visitors and clients, accepting deliveries and maintaining office environment.
- Abide by professional confidentiality guidelines by only sharing client information within the organization when it meets the needs of the client.
- Demonstrate ability to abide by Human Options’ values: Show dignity, respect, honesty, integrity, and a commitment to excellence, and maintain a supportive environment.