The Maintenance Supervisor is a key player in our maintenance team. This role will assist and supervise daily repairs and general maintenance of greenhouse equipment and facilities. This is a hands-on role requiring knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, with a focus on irrigation systems, greenhouse maintenance, and installation and repair of production and manufacturing equipment. This role will work under the direct supervision of the Plant Manager and Director of Greenhouse Facilities. This roll will have the opportunity to work with innovative greenhouse technology and assist in future agricultural projects.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure optimal performance of greenhouse and production equipment
- Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day to day maintenance of the equipment under the direction of Plant Manager, Director of Greenhouse Facilities, and Maintenance Manager.
- To continually support and improve maintenance services that effectively address problems affecting both equipment and staff
- Conduct electrical installations, including but not limited to; running conduit, sizing wire, based on NEC requirements
- Conduct pluming installations and repairs
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical equipment
- Install and maintain machinery and control systems
- Maintain lighting and all electrical equipment
- Diagnose electrical issues
- Perform all preventative maintenance duties as needed
- Perform mechanical and other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all food safety policies and maintain a clean, safe work environment
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Maintain equipment history and analyzes historical trends, records and documents all completed maintenance, modifications, and repairs
- As needed login to CMMS system to manage the work orders and provide reports
- Minimum 2 Years industrial electric/controls experience
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude in areas such as HVAC, industrial electrical, plumbing, and/or plant operations systems
- Ability to work with voltages as high as 3 phase 480AC
- Must be able to interpret wiring diagrams, and schematic drawings
- Reads and writes and comprehend English
- Basic math
- Successful completion of an approved Industrial Electrician or equivalent experience in the electrical trade
- Exemplary performance work history
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work off-shifts, holidays, and weekends as needed
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers.
Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states. Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.