The Stewardship and Research Coordinator will create and administer a stewardship program to enhance the donor experience with Dunwoody College of Technology. This program will provide appropriate recognition for our donors by reinforcing their value and strengthening their connection to the college. The individual in this position will have a versatile skill set that supports relationship building, collaboration, project management, prospect research and detailed data review. This position will be a member of the Development team and report to the Prospect Development Manager.
- Plan, develop, and implement a stewardship strategy program, including production management of impact, scholarship and endowment reports.
- Enhance and manage donor messaging on receipts and acknowledgements.
- Communicate with donors by phone, mail, or email to complete thank you and discovery calls.
- Identify opportunities to connect donors with recipients of their support.
- Work with Scholarship Coordinator to compile and prepare scholarship recipient thank-you notes and other communications to scholarship fund donors.
- Organize and execute stewardship projects for development officers such as small events, gift planning activities, mailings and compiling recognition lists.
- Collect and report on stewardship and donor engagement metrics.
Prospect Research/Prospect Management (25%)
- Perform biographical, financial and charitable giving research on prospects including individuals, corporations and foundations, utilizing internet search strategies and electronic databases.
- Perform prospect management duties that include entering strategies, assignments, and coding into constituent records in the database; create queries and run prospect/gift reports.
- Oversee plan for development officer follow up on gifts and inquiries.
Additional Advancement Duties (10%)
- Share role of greeter at Silver Level at reception area.
- Cross-train to serve as back up for Advancement Services processes as needed.
- Commit to ongoing professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strategic Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level. Makes good decisions. Provides sound advice and problem solution. Provides honest and in-depth analysis on problems and issues.
- Operating Skills: Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts responsibility for tasks and meets objectives and measures. Documents process, progress, and results. Is committed to continuous improvement. Works toward the most efficient and effective work processes.
- Courage: Has difficult conversations as necessary. Faces up to people to resolve problems or situations quickly and directly.
- Energy and Drive: Is action oriented and full of energy for challenging tasks/issues. Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Organizational Positioning Skills: Can maneuver through complex situations effectively and quietly. Is sensitive to how people and organizations function. Anticipates where the land mines are and plans their approach accordingly.
- Personal/Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all. Adheres to Dunwoody's core values. Is widely trusted - Keeps confidences and admits mistakes. Practices attentive and active listening. Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve themselves.