Location: Washington DC or similar location within Company's East Coast trade area
Gotham Greens is seeking dynamic Sales Representative to join our growing Sales Team. The Sales Representative will provide excellent customer service and support to maintain and grow accounts with regional retail and foodservice customers. Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. This role will grow sales through new customer acquisition, customer retention and securing growth opportunities with current customers.
The Sales Representative will be in contact daily with current and prospective customers. Prior experience in the produce, natural and organic food, and/or CPG industry preferred. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative company improving the 21st-century food system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Regularly call on new and existing store accounts to manage relationships with buyers and merchandisers
- Provide merchandising and marketing support, inventory management, and assist with the execution of in-store promotions Participate in local and regional produce and food industry events
- Manage communication between regional and local accounts and national sales leadership
- Open new store accounts in accordance with sales and growth strategy
- Develop strong relationships with customers, buyers, chefs, store employees as well as merchandising and distribution partners
- Increase sales velocity with existing customers and secure new accounts
- Prepare and deliver sales materials and presentations
- Enter and update customer records in CRM software
- Manage Gotham Greens local in-store shopper marketing and demo programs to ensure that the company is maximizing its ROI and maintaining consistent branding and messaging at retailers across various regions
- Perform occasional in-store product demonstrations to introduce and educate consumers and store employees on Gotham Greens products and brand
- Work cross-functionally with marketing department on execution of brand and shopper marketing initiatives both in and out of store. Local and regional travel up to 50% of the time will be required in the territory focused on new business development, account management, and tradeshows as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of relevant sales experience (CPG retail, produce preferred)
- A Bachelors degree in business, food science, or related degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- A flexible schedule and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of the local and regional food industry
- Experience selling into retail, restaurants, hotels, cafes, and distributors
- Experience achieving monthly, quarterly, annual case volume, and revenue targets
- Passionate commitment to our principles of sustainable agriculture and food
- Ability to travel to key accounts, company office locations, as well as adaptability to the current Work from Home environment
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.