EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of mortgage banking underwriting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in automated underwriting systems as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Up to date knowledge of industry specific guidelines and procedures including an in depth understanding of loan processing and risk analysis.
- Ability to work closely and efficiently with other banking departments.
- Ability to interpret bank policy and integrate into daily risk management.
- Strong customer service skills required for internal and external customer communications.
- Required underwriting approvals with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA, and HUD.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Products and other Database software. Solid word processing and computer database skills with accurate keyboarding at 60+ wpm.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will primarily operate in a general office environment, using office equipment such as a phone and a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate as compared to a private office with light foot traffic and office equipment. The employee must be able and willing to work in an open environment and able to interact frequently with other departments.