- Master’s degree in behavioral science field & registration with the BBS.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- One to two years of experience in counseling field.
- Knowledge of the principles of domestic violence and crisis counseling.
- Computer skills including word processing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Satisfactorily complete post-hiring Domestic Violence 40-hour training.
- Communicates effectively and sensitively with diverse populations.
- Organizes assignments in order to meet deadlines and goals.
- Ability to work some evenings and possible weekends.
- We ignite social change by educating Orange County to recognize relationship violence as an issue that threatens everyone, advocating for those affected by abuse, extending a safe place for victims and empowering survivors on their journey of healing.
- We are committed to a future in which every person and family in Orange County experiences safe, healthy relationships and lives free from fear.
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an emergency 24-7 shelter facility setting. Works in a sometimes fast-paced setting dealing with crisis intervention. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders occasionally. Sit and/or stand frequently. Ability to go up and down one flight of stairs. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.