Tuesday - Saturday, 9:00am - 6:00pm Eastern
Tuesday - Saturday, 12:00pm - 9:00pm Eastern
Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
A Technical Support Representative is expected to work with customers to identify credit card terminal problems. They should achieve resolution by analyzing call logs to notice common trends and underlying problems and by applying a logical thought process to the trouble shooting they are performing based on the training they have been given. They should support interactions with customers through multi messaging campaigns such as email, tickets, phone, task systems, and chat systems. These interactions should be coordinated and real time. Representatives are also expected to acquire an in depth understanding of the software and equipment customers are using accompanied by good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Research and resolve credit card terminal issues and questions from our merchants and our Independent Sales Representatives.
- Listening attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer
- Improve terminal performance by identifying problems; recommending changes
- Diagnose customer issues through process of elimination by asking probing questions
- Provide customers with efficient and courteous service.
- Provide resolution by identifying problems; researching answers & guiding merchants through corrective steps
- Receive & resolve inbound calls, emails, chats, tasks, & Tickets
- Make follow up outbound calls to customers
- Experience working with credit card terminals, POS equipment, registers, touch screens, and scanners is a plus.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills with proficient attention to detail
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast paced call center environment
- Interact and coordinate with other departments to resolve customer issues
- Ability to adapt to and implement change
- Creative and forward thinking
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required
- 2+ years Customer Service/ Technical Support call center experience preferred, but not required
- Experience in the banking or credit card processing industry preferred, but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Knowledge of customer service core principles and practices
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health care, 401K, dental and vision along with vacation and personal time after successful completion of a probationary period.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics