At a glance:
This is a junior-level accounting position who will be a critical member of our Financial Operations team. This role is responsible for ensuring that payables invoices for specific divisions of our advertising agency are processed in an accurate and timely manner, accruals are posted properly and vendor issues are addressed and resolved.
What does an AP Specialist do at R2C Group?
Apply basic accounting principles and processes.
- Records, classifies and summarizes accounting transactions requiring knowledge of accounting policies, procedures, and systems within the department.
- Compiles various documents, verifies their accuracy and processes payments in accordance with established procedures.
- Selects correct accounts; posts and verifies balance, debit, and credit entries; reconciles accounts; maintains journals and ledgers.
- Performs arithmetic calculations.
Know the players and the industry.
- Maintain relationships with stations.
- Request and maintain vendor refunds.
- Request and maintain W9 and ACH request forms.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the clients’ needs, including internal clients consisting of other department members.
Manages the day to day organization and administration of AP.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating and purging.
- Ensures that monthly expenses include all recurring charges.
- Work on various accounting projects for CFO and Controller.
- Responds to inquiries by researching accounting transactions in order to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Complete assignments and/or agreements within deadlines.
- Perform administrative duties (faxing, copying, and filing).
What makes a great AP Specialist at R2C Group?
- Minimum of a 2-year associates degree in accounting or related field or at least 1-2 years relevant training and experience
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the accounting field, including debits and credits and how they relate to a specific discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferred
- Above average in Excel capabilities and proficient in all other Microsoft office suite programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent initiative and strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to apply experiences and judgment to plan and accomplish work
- Support a positive work environment that promotes motivation, encouragement, recognition, appreciation, respect and teamwork
- Appreciation of R2C Group’s Core Values