An unwavering pursuit of Excellence in Patient Care - Every diagnosis. Every day. This is what we stand for.
CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories is a dynamic physician- and employee-owned pathology practice and lab headquartered in Washington state in the Seattle area with locations throughout the state and Alaska. We're resolute in meeting the exceedingly high standards of quality we set for our laboratory, our customer service, our business, and ourselves.
If this resonates with you, join our exceptional team in our pursuit of excellence.
The role of the Lab Assistant is to perform various tasks to support the laboratory technical staff. This includes specimen procurement, specimen processing, sendouts and maintenance of quality assurance records. This individual works collaboratively with all members of the Molecular department to deliver high quality test results within established timeline parameters. The Lab assistant must adhere to HIPAA standards. Due to various environmental hazards presented in the workplace such as formalin, communicable disease, fresh human tissue, etc., employees must also adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures and Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
Schedule: 9:00-5:30 (must be able to flex schedule to encompass training demands), weekend on-call rotation
A Molecular Lab Assistant may perform any of the following duties or groups of duties depending on the needs of three Molecular departments (FISH, Flow, PCR/NGS):
- Perform data entry
- Harvest and prepare slides for Heme FISH testing
- Conduct CD138+ enrichments on bone marrow samples
- Load and unload the VP2000 instrument during tissue FISH testing
- Prepare slides, make solutions
- Deliver & retrieve slides & blocks to pathologists and other departments
- Order and maintain departmental supplies, track inventory
- DNA/RNA extraction on blood, bone marrow and FFPE's
- Responsible for the proper handling and disposal of all bio-hazardous materials and chemically hazardous materials including the neutralization or recycling of chemicals before disposal or reuse.
- Prepare, assemble, clean test machines/equipment
- Other duties as assigned