Home of the best St. Louis Fitness Centers, the St. Louis Jewish Community Center has been providing excellent health and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs, arts, and sports experiences. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits including a complimentary membership! The Js culture is warm and inclusive to all, employees are safe being who they are at work. Be a part of this amazing team and community.
The Catering Server is the face of service. You will be responsible for assisting in set up of front of house responsibilities, which could be table service, the set up and breakdown of buffets, and food and beverage stations. This position helps to plate and serve meals and provide set-up and cleaning services for all assigned events as needed. Catering events are both on location at the Js sites and at offsite locations.
- Set up of front of house as directed by supervisor.
- Make sure all china, glassware and silverware free of spots and clean for use.
- Responsible for setting up of washing and beverage stations.
- Provide exemplary quality, consistency, and customer service.
- Coordinate logistics with other servers and supervisor throughout the event.
- Maintain high standards of food presentation when plating and serving food.
- Clean front of house, breakdown, and repack.
- Maintain sanitation standards.
- Adhere to Kashrut laws.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.