Kindergarten Teacher/Site Director
Stepping Stones Children’s Center, Inc.
The Site Director is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team and developing and implementing the curriculum for the LEAP Program. The Site Director must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating program environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Site Director must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
This Position Reports to the School Age Director
- Plan and implement curricula activities and encourage participation by children
- Complete quarterly child evaluations and conduct conferences with parents
- Manage the availability of classroom materials, keeping them clean and in good order.
- Maintain daily communications with parents through informal discussions.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Follow all Stepping Stones policies and state regulations.
- Maintain a personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Implement and design lesson plans based on state standards
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience working with children.
• Experience in program development and planning for children.
• High energy.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to communicate well with staff, children, and families
• An understanding of child development.
• CPR and First Aid certification.
• Must clear drug screening test and full background check
• Willingness to get Director's Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field of study. *Preferred
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education and 3 years of supervisory experience.
Kindergarten Teacher and Site Director
Full Time: 6:45am-2:15 pm + half-hour planning time
Location: Wexford Elementary School (Pine-Richland School District)
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Tuition Discounts, Paid Time Off, Continuing Education Funds, IRA, Signing Bonus