- Graduation from high school or equivalency.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification
- 5 years of experience in industrial or commercial building maintenance field.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques and practices of maintenance, renovation and repair of buildings and related facilities and equipment.
- Good working knowledge of materials, supplies, equipment and practices used in maintenance, carpentry, roofing, sheet metal, HVAC, plumbing, masonry, painting and electrical work.
- Working knowledge of the operation and care of equipment, tools, and supplies related to the maintenance, renovation and repair of buildings and facilities and of work hazards and precautionary measures.
- Knowledge of the procedures for safe and efficient operation of passenger and light commercial vehicles.
- Ability to diagnose equipment failures and maintenance needs and to plan effective corrective action.
- Ability to solve mechanical, plumbing, and/or electrical problems.
- Ability to read building blueprints.
- Skill in the use of a wide range of tools and equipment of the building and mechanical trades.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to work effectively as part of a team toward the achievement of common goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently.
- Physical ability to perform maintenance tasks including ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs., to bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
Hand and power tools, lawn equipment, hand truck, ladders, test equipment, personal computer, personal lift up to 35 feet.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works mainly in normal heat and light conditions. Some exposure to unheated or air conditioned areas. May work outdoors in extreme weather conditions. Work environment may be dusty or dirty with possible exposure to disagreeable odors and some hazardous conditions. Performs a variety of tasks in a single day, generally at a number of locations. May stand for long periods. Work requires a considerable amount of physical activity.
Valid Driver’s license in good standing.
37.5 hours per week; flexibility may be required in certain situations.
Certain conditions, e.g. economic constraints, staffing patterns, may necessitate change in job description.