Under the general supervision of the Adult Services Supervisor, the Library Associate II provides high quality information, reader, and technology services to adults at the North East Branch of the Cecil County Public Library while consistently delivering caring, non-judgmental customer service. This position develops and delivers a full range of responsive, innovative programs, services, and outreach initiatives for adults and is responsible for performing and overseeing high-level research inquiries and initiatives. Under direction of Adult Services Supervisor, develops and implements programmatic goals for the Digital Media Lab.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides information services and support, readers’ advisory, resume and career assistance, and technology instruction to patrons in person, via phone, email, online, etc.
- Works collaboratively with Adult Services Supervisor and external presenters to plan and conduct library programs responsive to the needs of adults in the community.
- Conducts research using an array of resources, including the library’s databases and digital services.
- Provides technology instruction to the public in a variety of areas, including library software and hardware, personal device assistance, digital media, and internet and computer usage.
- Works with Adult Services Supervisor to develop and implement outreach initiatives.
- Actively markets library materials and services. Merchandises collections. Recommends and reviews books and other library materials through various media outlets, including the CCPL website.
- Monitors and maintains collections; makes recommendations for collection development.
- Works with Adult Services Supervisor to develop and implement department or branch goals within overall system goals.
- Utilizes the library’s circulation database to search for and place holds on materials requested by patrons.
- Monitors and maintains library computers and software, troubleshoots and calls for assistance as needed.
- May serve on system-wide committees.
- Maintains facility and reports problems to appropriate staff.
- Maintains accurate service statistics.
- Shelves library materials of all types.
- Performs ongoing assignments of moderate to high difficulty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates ability to work with a diverse community.
- Models positive attitude toward library technology and change.
- Maintains courteous, friendly, and constructive relationships with patrons and staff.
- Promotes and advocates a positive library image in the community.
- Maintains professional growth and awareness through training, self-directed learning and other means to stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the community and in libraries.
- Performs job in keeping with the adopted policies, procedures, and values of the Cecil County Public Library.
Regular schedule includes evening, daytime and weekends.