The Downtown Womens Center seeks a full-time Re-Housing Supervisor to provide oversight of Re-Housing programs. The program consist in providing support to Participants who are vulnerable to COVID-19 to become stable in permanent housing by providing the following pathways: Problem Solving, Rapid Re-housing, Recovery Re-Housing and Bridge to Subsidy. The Re-Housing Program Supervisor would oversee the program delivery including, but not limited to intake, outreach, housing placement, housing retention, and individualized case management services. The Program Supervisor should be passionate about connecting women to permanent housing and improving the quality of life among Participants. The Program Supervisor should have a keen sense of program design, project management, and the skill set to meet program deliverables. This position performed both in a general office environment and in the field. The Program Supervisor is part of the Community- Based Housing Department and reports to the Community-Based Housing Manager.
- Provide oversight of Re-Housing Program.
- Guide staff in implementation of culturally competent and trauma- informed care
- Develop, train, and coach a team of field-based staff who will provide treatment planning to Participants who have been temporarily housed through supplemental services, or who may be sheltered or unsheltered.
- Provide support to staff to ensure Participants received the level of case management needed and are assisting Participants by securing housing, basic needs, medical and mental health services including substance abuse treatment when necessary, job training access, and public benefits where eligible.
- Collaborate with Lease Up to assist Participants in locating permanent housing.
- Assist staff to identify Participants who can be matched to Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH).
- Work with staff to effectively meet Participants needs and resolve individual barriers through follow-up, advocacy and collaboration with DWC staff and other community service providers.
- Provide supervision and guidance to interns and volunteers in the provision of services to Participants.
- Provide crisis intervention and group facilitation as necessary.
- Utilize evidence-based practices in service delivery such as intensive case management, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Critical Time Intervention, and Housing First practices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Participants, staff and local service providers, participate in community meetings pertaining to services benefitting Participants, and serve as a representative of DWC at community events.
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision, in addition to other agency meetings and trainings as required.
- Provide regular, written reports to the Community-Based Housing Manager and additional reports as assigned.
- Transport Participants as necessary for housing and job searches.
- Valid California state drivers license, insurance, and use of a reliable vehicle required.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (I.e. Flexibility, Communication Proficiency, Budget Management, Relationship Management)
- Team work
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Organization Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Cultural Humility
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday- Friday 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM; with flexibility to work during non-scheduled days and evenings when necessary.
Regular travel throughout Los Angeles County is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Social Work, or related field preferred
- Supervisory experience in a social service setting and managing a team of staff, preferred
- Experience as case manager with similar population, knowledge of community resources preferred
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Familiarity with permanent supportive housing model and evidence-based practices like Trauma-Informed Care and Critical Time Intervention, preferred
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with ability to exercise and model good judgment
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with effective record keeping
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- HMIS or other database management preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English a plus
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Criminal background check and clearance required
- Ability to be flexible with hours when needed
- Current valid California state drivers license, insurance, and access to reliable transportation, with good driving record
Downtown Women's Center actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organization’s effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography, socio-economic status and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.