POSITION SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision manages all aspects of indemnity claims handling from inception to conclusion within established authority and guidelines.
This position requires considerable interaction with clients, claimants on the phone, and with management, other Claims Examiners, and other TRISTAR staff in the office; therefore consistently being at work in the office, in a timely manner, is inherently required of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manages a caseload of 150-180 workers’ compensation files, including very complex claims.*
- Initiates and conducts investigation in a timely manner.*
- Determines compensability of claims and administer benefits, based upon state law and in accordance with established Company guidelines.*
- Manages medical treatment and medical billing, authorizing as appropriate.*
- Communicates with claimants, providers and vendors regarding claims issues.
Computes and set reserves within Company guidelines. Limits are larger than those allowed for Claims Examiner I and Claims Examiner II not to exceed $50,000 Indemnity loss and $80,000 Medical Loss.*
- Maintains diary system for case review and documents file to reflect the status and work being performed on the file.*
- Communicates appropriate information promptly to the client to resolve claims efficiently, including any injury trends or other safety related concerns.*
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures.*
- Conducts file reviews as scheduled by the client and management.*
- Other duties as assigned.
* Essential job function.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED/USED: Computer, 10-key, fax machine, copier, printer, and other office equipment.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT OR CLOTHING: Appropriate office attire