Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and cGMP compliant manufacturing of heparin, pancreatin, heparin derivatives, naturally derived pharmaceuticals, and recombinant proteins from microbial fermentation.
Flexibility, willingness to step up and help and learn new things in a team environment are key characteristics of the Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager is responsible for implementation and management of company's accounting and control functions in accordance with company's control policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as follows: Cost Accounting, General Ledger, Fixed Asset Maintenance, Consolidations, Cash Receipts and Disbursements, Financial Reporting, and Credit and Collections. Ensures successful completion of financial and bank audits. Special projects as assigned by the Controller or other members of the company's senior management team.
Supervises the Accounting Team and the Accounting function including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general ledger.
• Mentors staff providing honest and open performance reviews and sets and monitors appropriate goals.
• Complete month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing, including preparation and review of journal entries, account/variance analysis and account reconciliations.
• Serves as department go to resource for financial systems.
• Streamline department functions to ensure optimal productivity, efficiency, and accuracy.
• Administers approved accounting practices throughout the organization.
• Maintains system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions.
• Institutes and maintains planning and control procedures including the cost accounting system and analyzes reports and variances.
• Responsible for accounting of all Capital Asset Requests and ensuring all closed projects are entered into the fixed asset system and agree all to the general ledger.
• Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items
• Embraces change, learning and growth opportunities.
• Values technology and systems.