The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent health and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs, arts, and sports experiences. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits including a complimentary membership! The Js culture is warm and inclusive to all, employees are safe being who they are at work. Be a part of this amazing team and community.
The J is looking for instructors to teach various formats including Cycle, Zumba, Pilates and general group exercise classes (Cardio Pump, Tabata, Sculpting, Conditioning, Yoga etc.).
- Provide exemplary and professional service to our members while providing for their safety and well being.
- Develop and administer safe, engaging, and effective group exercise programs, which have been approved by the JCC and/or the approved national fitness certification agencies. Must be capable of altering programs as needed to meet the needs and safety concerns of patrons.
- Correct ineffective and incorrect techniques when observed or asked.
- Promote group exercise, personal training, fitness programs, aquatics or other programs pertinent to our members needs. Present the benefits of group exercise to all members and demonstrate the value of the program. Be aware of and able to offer current Fitness specials/promotions and be aware of programs offered across the J.
- Be punctual and prepared to start classes on time.
- Serve as a role model and leader to patrons, maintaining a positive demeanor at all times and upholding the policies of the JCC.
- Assist in maintaining a neat, organized and clean group exercise studio. Ensure all equipment is returned to its proper place after class; turn off stereo and wireless microphone. Lock all doors, closets, and equipment shelves when classes are not in session.
- Notify Group Exercise Managers about any equipment in need of repair or in need of replacement.
- Learn and be knowledgeable about JCC policies, procedures, programs, and equipment offered through the JCC. Follow and enforce JCC rules and policies.
- Enter time accurately in Paycom.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and in house training.
- Continue to develop further knowledge in health and fitness, including but not limited to, the training provided by the JCC.
- Assist in Fitness Center promotions where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.