Shift4 Payments (NYSE: FOUR) is a leading provider of integrated payment processing and technology solutions, delivering a complete omnichannel ecosystem that extends beyond payments to include a wide range of value-added services. The company’s technologies help power over 350 software providers in numerous industries, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. With over 7,000 sales partners, the company securely processed more than 3.5 billion transactions annually for over 200,000 businesses in 2019. For more information, visit shift4.com.
The Software Engineer will join the team responsible for designing, developing, deploying, debugging, maintaining, and testing software solutions (e.g., products, tools, or systems) for Shift4’s built-for-cloud Lighthouse Business Management System (“Lighthouse”) used by 10,000’s of restaurants in the US.
In addition to transforming business intelligence for restaurant operators into actionable insights with a single click, Lighthouse provides:
- Remote point-of-sale (“POS”) management for Shift4’s Edgewater Android/Cloud POS platform
- Cloud-delivered reporting & analytics
- Labor management and scheduling
- One-click deploy of online ordering and table reservations
- Reputation and social media management
- Marketing tools that manage campaigns w/automated email marketing
- API for integration to 3rd -parties (e.g. Uber Eats, Doordash)
- Customer database with email capture from Shift4’s SkyTab platform (www.skytab.com)
- Quick access to monthly credit card statements, chargeback notifications & 1099’s
- Lighthouse is deployed in Amazon Web Services for high-scalability, reliability, performance & redundancy (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS/Postgres, Elasticache/Redis , RabbitMQ, CloudFront, multi AZ, etc.).
- Tech stacks include:
- Continuous Integration/Devops(Gitlab, Docker compose)
- SaaS Services used: Twilio, Sentry
- Work alongside other Software Engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices as they relate to the project and general software engineering concepts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Business Analysts, QA, and other team members to achieve elegant solutions which satisfy business needs, goals, and objectives.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of development processes, technical solutions, and Lighthouse itself.
- Test “your own” code via unit, integration and acceptance testing techniques to ensure delivery and quality goals are met.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with deployed systems using a variety of techniques including direct engagement with support personnel and customers.
- Proactive assessment and analysis of existing systems to maximize quality and customer satisfaction, minimize maintenance costs and other operational issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with most of the tech stacks listed above.
- Experience working in an agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) by designing, developing, and deploying working software through analysis of functionality as defined by a Product team.
- Expertise and focus around Enterprise-related functionality including consolidated reporting and multi-store management a plus.
- Comfortable and experienced identifying and implementing non-functional requirements, writing code that is clean, of good quality, and is compliant with ISO 25010 standards (functional stability, performance efficiency, compatibility, usability, reliability, security, maintainability, portability).
- Proficient with testing work-in-progress deliverables to make sure they meet acceptance criteria and functional requirements as defined by a Product team as well as non-functional requirements defined by the development team.
- Enjoys performing ongoing maintenance, support, and functional or non-functional enhancements to existing software to ensure operational stability and responsiveness to evolving business needs.
- Great interpersonal, verbal and written skills including documentation of complex technical solutions (e.g., flow charts, UML diagrams, code comments).
- Driven and wants to be part of a highly productive team that delivers products on a continual basis.
- Restaurant POS experience a huge plus
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.