Overall purpose of this position:
Locate, select, and pack sportswear apparel to fulfill customer orders in an efficient manner; assure accuracy, sort and put away piece level goods. Position hours will vary by shift.
Major activities, which must be performed in order to carry out the purpose of the position as described above:
- Scan barcode printed on cart manifest and enter ID# into system in order to update the WMS (Warehouse Management System).
- Read and interpret batch pick sheet to determine items needed to complete the customer order.
- Locate customer order items in the warehouse and pick those items from stock to accurately fill customer orders.
- Check items picked for accuracy and quality, ensuring correct manufacturer, size, color, style, quantities and defects.
- Must meet or exceed productivity and quality standards outlined by the company.
- Record all picking errors on log.
- Inspect product for damages or defects.
- Fold and place items neatly into the cartons.
- Organize locations after picking items by discarding trash and placing it on the end caps.
- Process all return to stock merchandise.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Assure accuracy of picked orders.
- Perform housekeeping duties.
- Interface with Team Leads and Supervisors on a daily basis.
- Serve as a member of the Distribution Center team, providing assistance as needed.