Core Bank is an accomplished Community Bank located in the Greater Omaha, NE and Kansas City, KS areas. We are not a mere collection of buildings or a place just to work or manage money – we are a community of friends, neighbors and partners in making life just a little bit better. Our culture - what we call our Recipe for Awesome - creates an environment that's a great place to bank - and a great place to work. It ensures we grow together, learn together, and have fun doing it.
At Core Bank, our Vision is to be a truly remarkable company that just happens to be a bank. And, if you just happen to want to work somewhere truly remarkable, then we'd love to get to know you. To learn more about what makes us - us, explore www.corebankcareers.com.
The Commercial Loan Assistant provides support to Commercial Loan officers, as well as exceptional service to both internal and external customers. The Loan Assistant acts as a liason between Commercial Loan Officers, the Loan Administration staff, and commercial banking customers.
A Commercial Loan Assistant's responsibilities include:
- Provide extraordinary service by responding timely to requests for information, researching discrepancies and resolving issues.
- Escalate issues and problems and communicate with Bankers as appropriate.
- Assist bankers in reviewing all documents necessary to onboard new client relationships and close new and renewed credit facilities.
- Assist clients in making advances and pay downs on committed loan facilities and with completing routine treasury activity such as transfers and overdrafts.
- Monitor loans and deposits, overdrafts, past due ticklers and collateral and documentation exceptions and communicate with bankers as appropriate.
- Correspond with applicant(s), internal employees and outside vendors in obtaining all necessary documents to underwrite, process and close new loans as well as renewals or obtain expiring or lapsed documents, to include title policy, UCC searches, etc.
- Assist bankers in obtaining current collateral, financial and legal information and scan to appropriate interanal storage.
- Assist in reviewing loan closing documents for approved commercial loans including promissory note, deed of trust, business loan agreements, guarantee and other required closing documents to prepare for loan funding.
- Consistently maintain a high level of communication with the Bankers and staff; communicate deadline changes and potential conflicts.
- Develop and maintain trusted, positive relationships with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Represent the Bank and Commercial Banking team in a highly professional manner.
- Complete job assignments in a professional, timely and efficient manner; organize and prioritize work.
- Maintain confidentiality; adhere to Core Bank policies and procedures; comply with laws, regulations and industry best practices.