Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Specialist provides administrative support for a wide range of activities within the Human Resources department. The Human Resources Specialist serves as the liaison between personnel and Human Resources and applies outstanding internal customer service and discretion while ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of inquiries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the coordination of recruiting efforts.
- Administers and tracks FMLA and Leave of Absences.
- Coordinates and tracks Workers Compensation claims.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, interviews, and other consultations.
- Ensures new hire and termination tasks are complete.
- Works with HR Manager to coordinate and implement onboarding for new hires.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Manager on various projects.
- Applies excellent phone etiquette.
- Maintains and updates personnel files.
- Maintains accurate employee information in HRIS system.
- Monitors, tracks, and maintains employee certifications and requirements, including Certified Educational Units (CEUs).
- Proactively solves routine and non-routine office issues.
- Ensures compliance of required labor law postings at all branches
- Serves as back up for Human Resources Manager.
- Maybe Performs routine administrative support functions, such as copying, scanning, and filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates ability to work with diverse populations.
- Models positive attitude toward library technology and change.
- Maintains courteous, friendly, and constructive relationships with patrons and staff.
- Promotes and advocated a positive library image in the community.
- Maintains professional growth and awareness through training, self-directed learning and other means to stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the community and in libraries.
- Performs job in keeping with the adopted policies, procedures, and values of the Cecil County Public Library.
- Maintains positive, professional, courteous and constructive relationships with supervisor, the public, internal and external customers and all others.
- Independently follows through on all essential job functions and assignments.
- Meets deadlines without prompting.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintains neat and accurate records that are easily accessible for administrative colleagues and supervisory staff.
- Models positive attitude toward change.
- Performs job in keeping with the policies and procedures of the Cecil County Public Library.
- Promotes a positive library image in the community.