Gotham Greens is seeking a passionate, driven and hardworking individual to work as our Machine Operator in our Packhouse. Machine Operators are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Start up and shutdown of Denester, Scales, Tray Sealer, Metal Detector, Check Weigher, and Labeler.
- Basic troubleshooting of all unit ops incorporated in the packaging line
- Completing all Operator GFSI task and documentation.
- Giving direction to PAs working on the Multivac line.
- Minimize downtime during breakdowns, and changeovers.
- Track line KPIs (Startup time, Ramp up time, Quality Rejects, etc.
- Change film, labels, and ribbons.
- Perform standard Packhouse Production Assistant duties as needed (see below)
- Stock Raw Materials after shut down and as needed.
- Basic sanitation task as needed to keep equipment clean and operational.
- Basic troubleshooting of equipment
- Communicate clearly and operate the line with a sense of urgency.
In addition to the specific Machine Operator duties, the individual may also have PH PA duties which will include:
- Packing containers of fresh leafy greens and herbs.
- Identifying unacceptable quality product to discard
- Sorting and selecting high quality product to pack
- Filling containers to an accurate weight using scales
- Properly handling product and containers to maximize shelf life and appearance to the companys expectations
- Performing repetitive tasks at a consistent pace which meets productivity expectations
- Labelling, boxing, and staging product materials and supplies
- Handling, organizing, and loading production supplies and equipment
- Assisting with inventory control and cold storage organization
- Assist with daily cleaning of production areas, equipment, and supplies
- Assist with periodic cleaning of common areas in facility
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), company food safety policies, company employee safety policies, and sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOPs).
- Other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Authorized to work in the US
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to stand for a full 8-hour shift
- Maintain a steady pace with attention to detail
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including holidays and weekends
- Must be able to work in 55 degree temperatures
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company’s next phase of growth.