The Security Engineer will report directly to the Information Security Officer and have an opportunity to have day-one impact in supporting the acquisition, configuration, integration, and transformation of security platforms, processes, and applications across the firm. This position is an opportunity to drive a security program to new levels through active innovation, ideas, and creativity. The Security Engineer should be an excellent communicator and unafraid to ask the tough questions, to challenge the status quo, and inspire change as he/she will be a meaningful culture carrier for the organization, who models the right behaviors for the team, and helps craft a shared sense of leadership and accountability across technology.
- Respond to security alerts/events (such as email, endpoint, firewall, and data loss prevention) from various security solutions and technologies in a timely manner.
- Generate security-related reports, metrics, and dashboards for team, business unit, and organizational consumption using available technologies.
- Document current process for general consumption across the various teams.
- Work closely with Technology Infrastructure teams on the deployment and configuration of security solutions.
- Identify opportunities for process and/or technology efficiencies through integrations, scripting, and automation.
- Provide critical input into the selection, configuration, and implementation of new and existing security technology solutions.
- Maintain situational awareness of meaningful cyber defense initiatives, indicator lists, threat reports, incident response techniques, and cyber defense technologies to ensure that cyber defenses are effective and incorporating the best protections.