POSITION TITLE: Airport Custodial Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $42,500 - $57,000Annually
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for leading and coordinating the work of the custodial team in cleaning the inside and outside of the terminal and other facilities. Performs a variety of cleaning and light maintenance tasks related to area of assignment within the Airport with an emphasis on customer experience. In charge of custodial crew scheduling and supply monitoring and ordering.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creates and manages work schedule for custodial team
- Manages, assigns, and performs all custodial tasks within Airport owned buildings
- Monitors and orders necessary cleaning supplies
- Cleans floors and carpeting; washes interior and exterior windows and interior and exterior glass doors; sanitizes all rest rooms; picks up and removes trash; cleans furniture; dusts all surfaces high and low; washes walls and pressure wash sidewalks on a weekly basis.
- Performs outdoor cleanup tasks on airport property including vehicle parking areas; right-of-way on airport roads, terminal and building grounds.
- Performs minor building maintenance as required.
- Provides customer service duties such as answering questions, giving directions, and planning work around busy times to improve the customer experience.
- Remove snow from sidewalks; sand walks when icy conditions occur; monitor icy and unsafe road condition at the terminal and reports conditions to supervisor; and sweep walks after storms.
- Provides operational procedure training to new and existing employees
- Assist in preparing and monitoring the facilities budget.
- Test, evaluate, and assist in the selection of supplies and equipment; contact vendors and sales staff for economical purchases; arrange purchase of stock.
- Performs all other work as required.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Three (3) year of experience in custodian work, at least one (1) year of supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. Knowledge of supplies, materials, and equipment used in custodial maintenance. Knowledge of practices and methods in custodial maintenance.
Background Check: Employment with the Airport is contingent upon an education/experience background investigation, a fingerprint-based criminal history record check processed by the FBI, and upon the ability to be granted a security badge as mandated by the Transportation Security Administration.
- Possession of or required to obtain a valid Colorado driver’s license within 30 days of hire. Must have a safe driving record
- High school diploma or GED desirable.
Work is performed often without direct supervision after assignment of duties.
This position is a supervisory position. Employee will assist in direction, guidance, or training in operational procedures to other employees.
The physical demands represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the manual duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arm; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Hand power tools, heavy custodian floor maintenance equipment, all-terrain vehicles, paint equipment, mobile radio, snow shovel. Also backpack blowers, and pressure washers will be used. This position requires use of Airport vehicles.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high and precarious places and is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, except during certain maintenance duties when noise levels may be loud.
Employees in this position are required to work in areas or around equipment which may meet or exceed the OSHA Hearing Conservation sound level.
This position requires shift work to include daytime work, nighttime work, weekends, and holidays as assigned to meet the needs of the airport.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Grand Junction Regional Airport Authority prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment against employees or job applicants on the basis of race or color, religion or creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth, military status, genetic information, or any other protected status. Equal employment opportunity, as required by law, shall apply to all personnel action including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, demotion, layoff, or termination.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all the functions, requirements, responsibilities, and demands associated with the position. While this description is intended to cover most significant essential and auxiliary duties, the Authority reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This job description does not constitute an employee agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at any time. Employment with the Grand Junction Regional Airport Authority is at-will.