Susquehanna Printing is immediately hiring a Full-Time Press Operators to join our night team. Work 4 nights one week and 3 the next. Every other weekend off!
- Conveniently located in the Greenfield Corporate Center off Rt. 30
- Climate controlled indoor production environment
- Onsite parking
- Uniforms provided
Why work for us?
Susquehanna Printing is a state-of-the art regional printing, mailing and finishing facility. Susquehanna Printing produces the daily LNP newspaper and four local weekly newspapers, plus tabloids, books, and periodicals for businesses throughout the mid-Atlantic region.
Full-time positions have access to benefits like, Capital Blue Cross medical coverage, dental, vision, generous paid time off, paid holidays, monthly attendance bonus incentive, an employee referral program and a company matched 401(k)! Employees can also earn wellness credits towards their medical insurance premiums!
With over 300 employees in several locations across Lancaster County, we are a workplace that celebrates diversity, achieves excellence, and adheres to ethics.
Our Press Operators are responsible for safely and efficiently maintaining and operating offset printing press and related equipment (plate makers, plate benders, reel stands, etc.) to produce quality printed products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a continual focus on safety and injury prevention for self and co-workers, immediately addressing any unsafe conditions that are identified.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally with fellow press operators and personnel from related departments.
- Safely operate fork lift/clamp truck to transfer paper rolls between the warehouse and the press room for use in operation.
- Prepare paper rolls for use on the reel stands and press.
- Effectively and efficiently setup and make all the necessary adjustments to the reel stands prior to and throughout press runs.
- Effectively and efficiently setup and make all the necessary adjustments to the press for the next press run.
- Maintain & operate press equipment within manufacturers specifications.
- Read press layouts to determine and set proper web leads, webbing the press by using the common press leads and alternative leads.
- Safely remove old plates and position new plates on press according to layout without damaging either the plates or blankets.
- Efficiently adjust color registration during run to maximize reproductive quality and minimize newsprint waste.
- Identify & correct running problems with the webs, ink, folder, power, and anything else that relates to the running of the press and the quality of the final product.
- Properly and accurately fill out appropriate paperwork, keeping track of starts and stops, copy count, spoils, roll use, etc.
- Check and adjust color ink densities to proper levels before and during the press run.
- Maintain established acceptable housekeeping standards in the workplace.