The Operations Supervisor supports the General Manager (GM) in actively leading the daily activities of the Customer Service and Tour Guide teams to ensure company guidelines are followed and customer experience is maximized.
*Supervises up to 25 employees
**The pay range listed is starting range and is flexible depending on experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the GM to oversee the day-to-day operations and activities of all employees to ensure quality operations, service, safe vehicles and driving practices, and exceptional customer service from all personnel
- Ensure guides are following, and we are compliant with the Driver Procedure Manual, SMITH Driver Trainings, DOT regulations, and Park Service regulations
- Models and ensures all safety procedures and safe work practices are being followed to ensure a safe work environment for our employees and safe tour experience for our guests
- Assists with group/special events to ensure service exceeds expectations & objectives
- Work with GM and Human Resources (HR) for guidance and assistance in all people practices (hiring, payroll, time and attendance, performance reviews, counseling and corrective action) to ensure best practices and policies are being followed in a consistent and fair manner.
- Train and mentor the Customer Service team to ensure a high level of customer service, sales, and operational efficiencies
- Provide leadership to the Guide Team to ensure guide operations and tour quality meets/exceeds expectations
- Support the GM in maintaining a positive ongoing relationship with the partnering and permitting agencies such as US Forest Service/National Parks Service and other essential partners for our business continuation and development
- Assists GM with Employee Housing support (maintenance requests, new employee check-ins and departures)
- Collaborate with Operations departments across company locations to establish continuous improvement and best practices
- Serves as Manager on Duty (MOD) as schedule requires
- Performs work as a CSR and/or Tour Guide during peak business periods or as needed due to staffing shortages or unplanned absences