- 7+ years of experience in game design, preferably with 3+ years as a Lead Designer or Design Director
- Significant involvement in 2 published games, with at least 1 project at senior level
- Significant experience developing games for console or PC platforms
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exceptional creativity and design skills
- Strong knowledge of player mentality and motivations
- Strong technical ability to prototype game mechanics
- High-level expertise in design documentation
- Passionate about narrative adventure games and the desire to grow their gameplay
- Knowledge of both contemporary gameplay and narrative design
- Strong understanding of current and past game trends
- Good knowledge of at least 1 industry-standard engine, ideally Unreal 4
- Familiarity with a variety of editors and scripting languages
- Understanding the specific needs of narrative adventure games
- Shipped at least 1 narrative adventure game
- An excellent understanding of non-linear narrative systems and structures
- Puzzle design experience, especially in the context of narrative adventures
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Generous vacation time and paid parental leave
- Health insurance for you and your family at a low cost to you
- Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family at NO cost to you
- Life and Disability benefits at NO cost to you
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (including Healthcare and Limited Purpose), Dependent Care Account, and Health Savings Account available
- Optional Supplemental Health and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with an Employer Match
- Growth opportunities for your career
Salary Range: DOE
If you are a talented and passionate game developer and you are looking to challenge yourself creatively, please apply today! Position is full-time and remote, and we cannot sponsor visas.
About Deck Nine
Here at Deck Nine Games our passion is storytelling games. We are an independent game developer dedicated to crafting AAA interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. In 2021 we released Life is Strange True Colors, which went on to win multiple awards for storytelling and visuals, including best storytelling for 2021 and a VGA for Games for Impact. Recently we announced that we are developing a game for the hit sci-fi Amazon series, The Expanse. Our prior titles have won multiple awards, including Game of the Year and nominations for VGA and BAFTA awards. The studio is 100+ amazing people both located in our headquarters in sunny Westminster, Colorado and spread throughout the world permanently remote.
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.
If this sounds appealing to you, please apply now!