Note: This position requires in person training in our Portland office and will work fully remotely thereafter.
Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and foodservice customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon, and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As a Sales Support Representative, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing talent and recruiting from within, and previous employees have gone on to work in a wide variety of roles throughout the company.
General Description: This position is responsible for assisting brokers by providing administrative support, allowing them to maximize their relationships and sales to new and existing customers. The Sales Support Representative must have strong skills, good initiative, and the ability to prioritize.
What you'll do...
- Assist sales representatives with administrative and sales activities, including:
- Sales Order Entry
- Purchase Order Entry
- Processing passing’s from Vendors, and to Customers
- Item Code creation
- Freight scheduling
- Filing and Recordkeeping
- Occasional phone interaction with customers and vendors
- Limited Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable data entry (no collections)
- Work with the Marketing team to create collateral
- Maintain and update vendor and grower certifications
- Partner with others to successfully execute programs and projects
- Positively represent the company by treating customers and other employees in a positive and professional manner
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues as requested and demonstrate a sense of urgency by providing efficient and timely responses to requests
- Continually work to improve industry knowledge
What we look for...
- 2 years prior sales and/or customer service experience, preferably in a wholesale or retail produce environment
- Strong computer and order entry skills and the ability to pick up new tasks quickly. Produce Pro experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of produce, including seasonality, source, quality, and handling
- Pleasant and efficient phone manner, ability to build rapport over the phone
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Organization, detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Availability including weekends and holidays. Initial schedule is anticipated to be: Tuesdays through Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Ability to effectively speak, read and write in English. Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
- College degree preferred
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, and bonus program.
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program