WHO WE ARE
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) is a social change organization dedicated to creating a social, political, and economic environment in which domestic violence no longer exists.
NNEDV advocates for law, policies, and funding to address domestic violence coalitions, as well as local domestic violence, sexual violence, and stalking programs, transitional hoursing programs, and the general public.
The Vice Present of Finance integrates long term strategic planning with the detailed work required for federal grant compliance. This role has overall financial management responsibility for NNEDV and works closely with the CEO, VPs, Director of Human Resources/Equity and Inclusion, Development Team, and programmatic teams on budget development, expense tracking, grant applications and grants management.
The Vice President of Finance supervises the Finance and Administrative Manager, the Budget Manager, and financial consultants. The position is an exempt, full- time, remote position reporting to NNEDV’s President and CEO. Periodic travel to the Washington, D.C. area, or other locations, is required for occasional all staff and other meetings.
Through direct personal engagement or through supervision of the work of relevant staff, the VP can expect to contribute to NNEDV’s success by:
- Advising the CEO and other key leaders on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, grant compliance, and related matters.
- Serving as the lead staff person on the annual financial statement and single audit and any federal OIG audits or site visits.
- Working closely with NNEDV’s outsourced CPA to provide oversight and support on monthly financial processes and reports.
- Accurately assigning and managing cost allocations across a variety of complex funding sources within complex rules to achieve optimal financial outcomes for NNEDV.
- Providing timely and accurate budget information to budget managers.
- Serving as the key liaison to the Audit Committee and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors and representing and presenting status reports to the Committees, and to the full Board as needed.
- Overseeing all financial, project-based, and grant accounting, including cash flow and forecasting, and ensuring their accuracy and integrity.
- Providing Finance team leadership through a continuous process of assessing and upgrading internal controls, to ensure compliance with accounting and grant standards and other relevant finance policies and practices. Working closely with the Director of HR/Equity and Inclusion on managing integrated Finance/HRIS software systems.
- Providing leadership and working closely with the Finance team on an annual budgeting process that builds on NNEDV’s strong financial management and clean audits, and ensuring that each project team has the budget information they need to manage their grants and projects.
- Preparing RFPs for banking, accounting, audit, and investment services.
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in interactions internally and in approaches to processes, such as vendor selection.