The dentist position is responsible for patient management and the practice of dentistry as presented in the principle of practice. This position requires one to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other job families to provide an excellent patient experience.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Provides the following types of dental care:
- Prosthodontics (fixed and removable)
- Oral Surgery
- Preventive orthodontics
- Emergency care
- Patient education
- Recommends specialty referrals when necessary
- Consistently practices and ensures the use of universal precautions, hazardous and infectious waste precautions/handling, and right-to-know
- Assists in development and monitoring of performance improvement activities
- Participates in review and update of clinic principles of practice
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings
- Participates in peer review and quality of care chart audits
- Commitment to driving diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, and planning skills
- Strong project management skills and experience managing cross-functional relationships and priorities
- Proven strategic agility, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Primary environment is clinical office. This role requires regular walking, standing, sitting. This role may be exposed to patients who may have contagious illnesses.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
Who We Are
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Our patients predominantly identify as people of color (80%), low-wealth (61% patients = 200% FPL), and un/under-insured (40% uninsured, 45% publicly insured) (UDS, 2020).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minnesota Community Care values building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities it serves, and strongly encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. Minnesota Community Care is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.