An unwavering pursuit of Excellence in Patient Care - Every diagnosis. Every day. This is what we stand for.
CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories is a dynamic physician- and employee-owned pathology practice and lab headquartered in Washington state in the Seattle area with locations throughout the state and Alaska. We're resolute in meeting the exceedingly high standards of quality we set for our laboratory, our customer service, our business, and ourselves.
If this resonates with you, join our exceptional team in our pursuit of excellence.
The responsibility of a Histology Technician III is to prepare and process tissue samples for pathologists to exam and interpret. In addition to be able to perform all Histology Technician II job functions, Histology Technician III assists with special projects as assigned as well as assists in developing and updating of laboratory procedures. Prioritization and self-management are key skills required of the Technicians at this level. The Histology Technician must adhere to strict HIPAA standards as well as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements. Environmental hazards such as formalin, communicable disease, fresh human tissue, etc. are present in the workplace. This position may be selected as a Lead with Lead responsibilities.
Position Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00pm to 4:30am
Histology Technician III may perform any of the following duties or groups of duties:
- Performs IHC validation, anibody development, sign out, and quality control of IHC stains
- Embeds, cuts dermatologic & eye specimens, and stains eye specimens
- Prepares and maintains tissue blocks for special stains
- Performs all steps of renal transplant biopsy procedure
- Performs all steps of fresh muscle biopsy procedure
- Performs frozen section procedures
- Performs immunofluorescence techniques
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- Assists in training of department employees as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to learn new computer software
- Must be able to prioritize job tasks and meet deadlines
- HT/HTL (ASCP) certified
- 3+ years of work experience in Histology required
- Qualification for High Complexity Testing required
- Associates/Bachelor's degree in science preferred
- Prolonged sitting
- Lifting up to 20 lbs
- Manual dexterity