*Applicants should be authorized to work in the US as a precondition of employment*
Shift4’s 3dcart is a leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) eCommerce platform using groundbreaking technologies to help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For more information, visit shift4.com.
This position is responsible for creating, executing and managing end-to-end test plans and all testing related activities to ensure the solution works as expected. Working in direct collaboration with the dev/infra teams, the QA Analyst will ensure that the software is ready to be released by testing functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems whenever applicable. This role requires a professional with a keen eye for details who can work resourcefully and efficiently to assure quality of programs, software and systems.
- Works closely with the development team to ensure the effectiveness and quality of the components and systems developed.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Designs, deploys and executes regression tests using automated tools (i.e.: TestStudio, Selenium)
- Stay current with new advances in web development (server and client side technologies).
- Stay current with the most common vulnerabilities on the web (owasp top 10).
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established at Shift4
- 3+ years of relevant QA technical experience
- In-depth knowledge of Windows & IIS
- Experience writing automated test scripts using Selenium or similar framework
- Experience with source control - Git/TFS
- Experience working with JIRA or similar workflow and issue tracking frameworks
- Experience performing static, white box, black box and regression testing
- Experience developing and executing test scripts, tests plans & checklists, and traceability matrix
- Knowledge of software development life cycle concepts
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis, design, and coding
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
Nice to have:
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, Cosmos DB, MongoDB)
- Experience working with Agile Frameworks
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms
- Experience working remotely
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.