Shift4’s 3dcart is a leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) eCommerce platform using groundbreaking technologies to help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For more information, visit shift4.com.
We are looking for a back-end developer who possesses outstanding programming and problem-solving skills, with a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative applications, very familiar with the .NET framework (Standard and Core), web development, and coding design patterns. The position will be responsible for the server-side web application logic, APIs, cloud apps, as well for the integration of the front-end part, always ensuring the performance of the applications, working on both new and existing modules. This role will work closely with project managers, QA analysts, and front-end developers, often required to refactor existing code and also to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Write reusable code and libraries
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Refactor and improve existing code
- Learn about new technologies
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators
- Mentors junior and intermediate developers on the team
- Stay current with the most common vulnerabilities on the web (owasp top 10). Identify potential gaps and design solutions.
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Fluent with functional and object-oriented languages and design patterns
- Familiarity with various operating systems (mostly windows)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, Cosmos DB, MongoDB)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud based solutions (Azure)
- Experience with messaging architecture (RabbitMQ or ASB)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes/AKS
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA
- Experience working remotely
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.