POSITION TITLE: Mentoring Program Manager
STANDARD HOURS: Monday-Friday, 40 hr./week (some evenings, weekends, and travel required)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of the Mentoring Program
ASSIGNED TO: Retention Department
SALARY: Starting at $47,500 and increases with relevant experience
The Mentoring Program Manager oversees and executes recruitment of new volunteer mentors (about 1,200 volunteers annually) while engaging and retaining existing volunteers for the College Now Mentoring Program. The Manager will be responsible for developing new strategic contacts in the community, as well as deepening existing connections. Overall, the position demands a high level of attention to detail, exceptional oral and written communication skills, strong planning skills, and creativity and flexibility.
1. Develop and implement an annual plan to recruit sufficient volunteer mentors, taking into consideration gender, diversity, and other parameters.
- Set up and complete the number of presentations/types of outreach identified in annual plan, and adjust tactics as needed to meet recruitment goals throughout the year.
- Use community events and partnerships in creative ways, to highlight the ongoing need for mentor volunteers.
- Plan and execute events (e.g., happy hours, networking events, etc.) designed to recruit volunteers.
- Design and implement targeted campaigns to reach mentors of crucial interest.
- Engage and retain volunteer mentors waiting for a match from prior cycle, by designing communication and programming specific to the group
2. Effectively manage existing relationships and develop new relationships with partners to maintain and grow a diverse network for ongoing mentor recruitment.
- Work closely with College Now Senior Staff, the Mentor Recruitment Committee of College Now’s Board, other members of College Now’s Board, and other high-profile leaders in Greater Cleveland around mentor recruitment.
- Continuously seek out new strategic partnerships for mentor recruitment and make strategic connections between partners and other College Now departments and services.
- Strengthen existing relationships with companies, non-profits, community organizations, professional organizations, individuals, et, through outstanding communication and customer service.
3. Maintain and update recruitment materials (e.g., marketing materials, presentation templates, organization website, scripts for oral presentations, etc.) to ensure information is current, strategic, and compelling for the intended audience.
- Develop specific marketing materials for specific partners, audiences and/or campaigns, in consultation with the Marketing Department.
- Effectively plan and use social media to reach larger audiences as well as more targeted audiences, in consultation with the Marketing Department.
4. Maintain and use data relating to individual mentor recruits, overall mentor recruitment metrics, student needs, and program outcomes.
- Analyze data from previous recruitment cycle(s) and current mentor and student demographics to identify and incorporate key areas of focus for upcoming recruitment cycles.
- Actively monitor recruitment status throughout the year, including progress towards recruitment goals, and pivot strategies as needed.
- Report to partners annually on their volunteer roster, and provide updates on any other details as requested throughout the year.
- Provide details to College Now’s Marketing, Development and External Affairs Departments, as requested, for funding applications, publications, etc.
- Ensure the list of mentors waiting for a match is accurate and up to date throughout the year.
- Track volunteers going through the application and onboarding process who are high-level, high-priority, or otherwise of note.
5. Assist the Mentoring Program as needed by supporting mentor onboarding tasks (phone interviews and orientations) as needed, assisting in matching mentors and students, and providing support for mentoring events.
Disclaimer: "Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time."