Started in 1958, the Kennedy Children's Center’s mission is to assist young children experiencing significant delays in critical areas of development such as cognition and learning, mobility, speech and communication, and social relations. The Center has an immediate need for a bilingual or monolingual Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) at the Center’s Bronx site.
The SLP is responsible for the quality of speech and language therapy services incorporating state of the art knowledge of children’s needs.
NOTE: As of September 1, 2021, KCC will require all staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with all Federal, state, and local mandates. This role is 100% onsite (Monday through Friday, 8:30 am until 3:30 pm).
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
- Provide evaluation and therapy services as assigned.
- Participate in interdisciplinary case conferences to determine diagnosis and develop appropriate treatment plans.
- Provide consultation on speech and language issues to teaching staff and other related personnel and programs.
- Provide counseling to families regarding their child’s speech and language development and stimulation.
- Performs other assigned duties as defined and directed by the appropriate Supervisor.