$250 Signing Bonus and FREE Gym Membership!
- For new Employees
- $250 after 3 month of employment
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent experiences in health & wellness, early childhood and adult education, sports and recreation, camping, Jewish and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits, including a complimentary membership! The Js commitment to diversity and equity is ongoing, and our culture is warm and inclusive of all, regardless of faith. Employees are safe being who they are at work. We invite you to be a part of our amazing team and community.
The Js Early Childhood Program is accredited by the State of Missouri and licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. We use the Project Construct and Conscious Discipline Curriculum frameworks and focus on character-development, value-driven programming for our students. We provide care for children ages 6 weeks 5 years of age in a safe, warm, nurturing environment that helps children feel good about themselves and the world around them. Our program operates from 7am to 6pm, Monday - Friday. Applicants should have flexibility to work within our operating schedule.
- Plan and deliver curriculum for assigned class.
- Set up, take down and clean classroom as necessary.
- Follow all Missouri licensure and JCC guidelines in the course of your work.
- Perform anecdotal record keeping, for example, daily observations, injury reports, parent inquiries, etc.
- Communicate professionally with parents and coworkers. Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate and interact appropriately with children.
- Attend in-service workshops, conferences, staff meetings, and special events as required.
- Earn 18 continuing education credits per year.
- Incumbent in the position is required to become First Aid and CPR certified upon hire (training provided) and certification must be kept current.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance.
- Be punctual and maintain good attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.