Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Information Technology Group. This position will engage in an Agile-based SDLC to complete data layer requirements (includes but not limited to table creation, stored procedure creation and updates, ETL processes) as well as acquire a deep understanding of business processes and flows to assist with reporting / business intelligence tasks. The Data Engineer will work in a team comprised of front / backend developers, business analysts, QA engineers, and will follow the Project Manager’s lead for sprint goals and deliverables.
- Helping design, develop, debug and optimize stored procedures and views producing data suitable for reporting purposes
- Ensuring code standards are followed on all code
- Refactoring existing code based on existing DBs and modifying it for newer models
- Validating data, performing cross reference checking between source data and outputs
- Working with stakeholders and Technology Group to fine tune outputs to ensure all requirements are met for reports
- Working closely on related issues with internal business units
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS essential. SSAS preferred but not required.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and how it pertains to the database.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Excellent written communication skills, particularly in the realm of technical documentation
- Basic VB & C# experience a plus.
- Experience with an Agile SDLC a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to all levels
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or relevant work experience
We are looking for individuals that are extremely self-sufficient, available to work flexible hours, & hold themselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, functional knowledge, and references.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.