We are excited to announce that R2C Group is now Rain!
At a glance:
This is a junior-level accounting position who will be a critical member of our Financial Operations team. This role is responsible for ensuring that receivables invoices for specific divisions of our advertising agency are prepared in an accurate and timely manner, accruals are posted properly and client issues are addressed and resolved.
What does an Accounts Receivable Specialist do at Rain?
Applies basic accounting principles and processes.
- Prepares, processes, and maintains daily customer invoicing for the agency.
- Performs necessary general ledger reconciliations and prepares journal entries to balance month-end close.
- Forecasts weekly cash deposits for senior management.
- Performs arithmetic calculations.
Knows the players and the industry.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external customers.
- Works with internal and external customers to ensure A/R accounts are accurate.
- Requests and executes customer refunds/credit memos.
- Maintains a clear understanding of the clients' needs, including internal clients consisting of other department members.
Manages the day to day organization and administration of Accounts Receivable.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating and purging.
- Ensures that all outstanding invoices are recorded in the correct amount at the proper time.
- Works on various accounting projects for CFO and Corporate Controller.
- Responds to inquiries by researching accounting transactions in order to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Completes assignments and/or agreements within deadlines.
- Performs administrative duties (faxing, copying, and filing).
What makes a great Accounts Receivable Specialist at Rain?
- Minimum of a 2-year associates degree in accounting or related field or at least 1-2 years relevant training and experience
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the accounting field, including debits and credits and how they relate to a specific discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferred
- Above average in Excel capabilities and proficient in all other Microsoft office suite programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent initiative and strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to apply experiences and judgment to plan and accomplish work
- Support a positive work environment that promotes motivation, encouragement, recognition, appreciation, respect and teamwork
- Appreciation of Rain’s Core Values