$250 Signing Bonus and FREE Gym Membership!
- For new Employees
- $250 after 3 month of employment
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent experiences in health & wellness, early childhood and adult education, sports and recreation, camping, Jewish and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits, including a complimentary membership! The Js commitment to diversity and equity is ongoing, and our culture is warm and inclusive of all, regardless of faith. Employees are safe being who they are at work. We invite you to be a part of our amazing team and community.
The PRN Program Assistant position is responsible for providing personalized services for individuals who have intellectual or developmental disabilities, as well as older adults with Alzheimer’s/Dementia and other cognitive impairments.
Adult Day at the J offers two specialized program tracks, Connections and IN. Both programs are geared to help our participants build upon and maintain their current knowledge, discover new abilities and cultivate socialization skills all while working to achieve their own personal goals. The PRN Program Assistant position will be given opportunities to support both our younger adult and older adult populations as the need arises for either program. Activities vary from day-to-day and take place both on and offsite in the community. The Adult Day program operates Monday through Friday 7:30am-6pm. This position is considered parttime with varying hours per required need. As such, candidates must have flexibility within their personal schedules to accommodate fluctuating coverage needs.
- Support individuals with developmental disabilities and cognitive impairments as they participate in group activities which includes swimming, exercise, volunteering, interaction with animals, art, music, gardening, cooking, etc. Note, will be expected to get into the pool or participate in fitness classes to directly assist participants during the activity.
- Assist in researching, developing and implementing activities focused to benefit participants cognitively, socially, recreationally, physically, and will assist with independent skills development, both for large and small groups of participants.
- Complete all daily documentation and data collection to record observations on assigned participants to maintain compliance with licensure and contracts: i.e. Department of Mental Health and Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Facilitate individual accommodations necessary to assist individuals to fully participate in activities.
- Facilitate physical location transitions or sensory breaks between activities (on and offsite) as needed.
- Appropriately intervene in all crisis situations related to behavior or health as needed.
- Work cooperatively with the Adult Day multi-disciplinary team to enhance offered programs.
- Observe participant behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Monitor accuracy of participant name tags daily and weekly maintenance of the Wander Guards.
- Assist participants in mobility, personal care and with serving food during mealtimes.
- Assist participants with activities of daily living including personal care.
- Care for the physical and emotional well being of every Adult Day participant at all times.
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving.
- Enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Greet family members as they arrive to drop off/pick up participants.
- Provide quality customer service at all times, and represent the JCC and Adult Day in a positive and professional manner.
- Attend staff meetings, training sessions and assist with agency events and programs as requested.
- Provide backup coverage to Adult Day programs as needed.
- Adhere to Social Work Code of Ethics, HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines at all times.
- Other duties as assigned. These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.