The Loan Servicing Systems Specialist is a hybrid position in Loan Servicing. The scope includes systems administration, portfolio analysis, and production tasks. The Servicing Systems Specialist will master the built-in features and capabilities of loan servicing systems in order to improve departmental efficiencies. Elimination of manual servicing tasks is a primary focus.
This is a new department and the ideal candidate will thrive not only on the stress but also the satisfaction of working in a start-up environment. Candidates may be situated in either Tacoma, WA or Tempe, AZ.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION TASKS INCLUDE:
- Completing user password resets for both the main, as well as all ancillary, loan servicing systems.
- Understanding servicing staff member jobs and collaborating on the development of user templates.
- Documenting password reset requests; documenting security access changes to user profiles; and securing and documenting supervisor approvals for any exceptions to security changes for an individual’s assigned profiles.
- Collaborating on the development and maintenance of systems administration policies and procedures and creating systems administration forms for new hires, change control requests, and staff terminations.
- Identifying and sharing opportunities for process automation processes within loan servicing using tools available in servicing systems.
PORTFOLIO AND REPORTING ANALYST TASKS INCLUDE:
- Retrieving, compiling, and delivering a variety of daily, weekly, and monthly reports on portfolio composition, customer retention, and delinquency statistics in accordance with defined service-level agreements. Preparing and delivering ad hoc reports as assigned.
PRODUCTION TASKS INCLUDE:
- Daily loan boarding from loan production system to loan servicing system, including high-level QC and 2nd day verification of principal balances, and rectification of loan rejects from previous day’s boarding.
- Preparation of data files for loans transferring to EHL’s sub-servicing partner. Generation of transactions in the loan servicing system to produce transfer letters, place payment stops, and update servicing transfer information. Completion of 2nd day reconciliation to facilitate wire transfer of escrow funds to sub-servicer.
- Identifying any efficiencies to be gained from automation of tasks and freeing loan servicing team members from manual work.
- Collaborating on loan boarding platform for mapping and converting data to the loan servicing system.
Education or Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma required; post-high school training (college or technical training) desired.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in mortgage lending or servicing (production, underwriting, servicing, post-closing, etc.), title and escrow, or banking sufficient to offer basic working knowledge of mortgage lending terms, concepts, etc.
- 1 to 2 years of systems administration experience.
- Familiarity with mortgage lending systems (Black Knight MSP, Ellie Mae Encompass, FICS Mortgage Servicer, or other systems that offer knowledge of mortgage production and servicing) is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to convey information verbally to non-technical end-users in a friendly, non-judgmental manner.
- Willingness to present and share new ideas, collaborate openly on projects, and challenge “status-quo” processes and procedures where efficiencies can be identified.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher). Advanced skills with Excel, including experience with formulas (or ability to research and deploy), pivot tables, data import, data export.
- VBA scripting experience is highly desired. Ability to read SQL scripts, XML scripts is a plus. Ability to translate between programmers and non-technical end-users is desired.
- Must possess understanding of logical operators (examples: IF, AND, THEN, ELSE, GREATER THAN/LESS THAN, CASEWHEN, IN FILE, NULL, etc.).
- Ability to work unsupervised for long periods in the day, prioritize tasks, meet service-level agreements, maintain focus on projects and manage details. Depending on where the candidate is located, this position may be remotely supervised.
Specific Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities Required for Position:
- Good character, motivated, hard working.
- Ability to work well with fellow associates, clients and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills. Neat, clean, healthy work habits.
Evergreen is an equal opportunity employer and E-Verify employer. www.Evergreenhomeloans.com
Equal Housing Lender
© 2020 Evergreen Home Loans is a registered trade name of Evergreen Moneysource Mortgage Company® NMLS ID 3182. Trade/service marks are the property of Evergreen Home Loans. All rights reserved. Licensed under: Alaska Mortgage Broker/Lender AK3182 and AK3182-1; Arizona Mortgage Banker 0910074; California Licensed by Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act 4130291; Colorado Mortgage Company Registration; Idaho Mortgage Broker/Lender MBL-3134; Nevada Mortgage Banker 3130; Nevada Mortgage Broker 4837; Licensed under the Oregon Consumer Finance Act ML-3213; Washington Consumer Loan Company CL-3182; Wyoming Mortgage Lender/Broker 3467.