Director of Student Billing
The Boston Architectural College (BAC) is committed to providing all our students an integrated and exemplary educational experience while ensuring their individual success and empowering them to fully actualize their potential. We embrace diversity and inclusivity in all its forms, while striving to create an equitable global community.
The Director of Student Billing manages all aspects of billing and collecting of student tuition and fees while working closely with colleagues to foster a professional, knowledgeable, and welcoming environment for all BAC constituents. The Director is a leader in the Office of Student Services. And as such, will serve as the direct supervisor for the Student Billing team and will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Student Advocates.
This is a full-time exempt position of 40 hours per week, reporting to the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Strategy and Services.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide proactive, professional, and friendly service in all interactions.
- Plan, manage and oversee the application of tuition and fee charges to all student accounts and the creation of monthly billing statements to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Ensure communication of all billing timelines and payment options to all constituents of the BAC.
- Reconcile tuition and fees in conjunction with registration data and the Finance team.
- Oversee the processing of all payments received to be applied to the student account including payments made via our online payment processor ACI.
- Manage posting accounts receivable and cash receipt daily batches to the general ledger.
- Manage the processing and receipt of all financial aid funds including federal aid, state aid, alternative loans and scholarships ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Manage month end reconciliations of accounts receivable, ACI online payments, Federal Direct Loans, Pell Grants and resolve any inaccuracies found.
- Establish and oversee outstanding accounts receivable processes including write-offs to bad debt and placement of accounts with outside collection agencies.
- Oversee the issuing of student refunds to ensure accuracy and compliance with Title IV regulations.
- Manage the issuing of 1098-T forms each year
- Oversee the Student Advocates to ensure that high level customer service is being provided to all constituents of the BAC.
- Elicit feedback from the Advocates regarding common questions and difficulties, to be communicated with the other Directors to improve processes.
- Communicate efficiently and collaboratively with other offices around the College to provide the highest level of service to our students.
- Assist with escalated issues regarding billing.
- Provide data to various constituents throughout the College for internal information as well as external surveys.
- Other tasks as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes.
EDUCATIONAL criteria: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, and master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in student financial services functions in higher education.
- Management experience required
- Must be detail oriented.
- Computer literate, including effective use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication and consultative skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ability and willingness to support collaborative efforts.
- Be committed to the mission of the BAC and carry out the highest quality of service to BAC constituencies.
Work Schedule requirements:
- This is a hybrid position. At least 1 day a week in person will be required. Days in the office may vary depending on the time of year and needs of the office.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in accordance with the academic season.