By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
Bio-Techne is innovating the next generation of solutions for Cell and Gene Therapies from discovery to the clinic. Our commitment is to providing best in class tools and equipment to support researchers and clinicians working on translational medicine and breakthrough cell therapies.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, this position will support development and troubleshooting of novel polymeric reagents for cell and gene therapy research and clinical use. The role will focus on formulating new hydrogel microspheres to deliver scalable, repeatable and functional product for a variety of internal and external customer projects. Additionally, the Product Engineer will contribute to developing new chemical, imaging and cell based analytical tools with opportunity to collaborate with technical groups across Bio-Techne.
You’ll join a strong and fun team of biologists, chemists and engineers focused on developing next generation tools for immunotherapies and research, with great opportunities to develop your technical and intellectual skill sets in a highly dynamic and interactive environment.
We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, organized, with a positive can-do attitude, and the flexibility to support a variety of company activities and projects, such as lab management and product manufacturing. Prior polymer science or materials engineering experience research experience is desirable.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and characterize of hydrogel microparticles using established protocols and methodologies.
- With guidance, develop new formulations and processing conditions to meet particle throughput, purity and functionality requirements to meet specification for manufacturing and custom projects.
- Identify and develop characterization methods for QuickGelTM polymers, CloudzTM particles and custom products
- Manage laboratory equipment, materials inventory, and relationships with vendors
- Collaborate with biologist, chemists and engineers to develop custom CloudzTM products
- Develop presentations and communicate technical results to internal and external groups
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and draft technical reports to comply with good laboratory practices and standard operating procedures.