Shift4 Payments (NYSE: FOUR) is a leading provider of integrated payment processing and technology solutions, delivering a complete omnichannel ecosystem that extends beyond payments to include a wide range of value-added services. The company’s technologies help power over 350 software providers in numerous industries, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. With over 7,000 sales partners, the company securely processed more than 3.5 billion transactions annually for over 200,000 businesses in 2019. For more information, visit shift4.com.
We are seeking individuals with strong technical aptitude to become part of the payment development team to be the liaisons between the business, technology and support teams. Systems Analysts search for the details while taking the big picture. You will be responsible for end-to-end analysis and design of business systems including needs assessment, requirements gathering, prioritization, planning and functional specifications.
We want smart, extremely motivated team members who are willing and able to contribute quickly to Shift4 Payments projects and who are excited and passionate about the changes we face.
- Collaborate the Product Management, Payment Development, and Test Engineering teams to determine the requirements for new features/functions as the Product Owner
- Plan, organize, and write various specification and technical requirements documents in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with procedures and standards.
- Communicate with technical contacts at payment processors and at customers to resolve questions and ensure solutions comply with certification/project requirements and industry mandates
- Act as a technical SME on client facing projects
- Supports QA and UAT validation tasks as needed to ensure the end solution meets requirements.
- Provides training for department employees on need basis
- Work with end users in various departments to identify and document standard business processes and end-to-end work flows
- Serves as an escalation point for technical support issues that may need product development or network engineering input or changes to resolve, using knowledge of customer and financial impacts to recommend priority of changes required
Expected Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- 4+ years of progressive and industry related experience – specifically in the financial services and/or financial technology industry;
- Strong understanding of various payment mechanisms: credit card, debit card, e-commerce, and emerging payment options
- Knowledge of project management solutions such as MS Project, Jira or Confluence.
- Working knowledge of Database SQL and networking protocols such as TCP/IP
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application level and operational requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently and proactively with business teams and leadership.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Driven and self-motivated: with and exceptional ability to learn new technology and domains quickly
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.