- Admitted to practice law before the court of any state.
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California or willingness to take the next California Bar Exam.
- Three (3) years minimum experience managing law office and staff
- Three (3) years minimum litigation experience
- Demonstrated commitment to working with low-income clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent demonstrated people skills and the ability to maintain positive relations with a diverse population.
- Spanish fluency or additional language ability relevant to the primary communities.
Preferred Education and Experience:
A highly qualified and desirable candidate would also have the following:
- Experience in a non-profit legal services environment.
- Prior experience managing a multi-location organization.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary DOE; Generous benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K retirement plan contribution. Fourteen (14) paid Holidays, generous vacation and sick leave policy, some professional dues paid by CRLA and if qualified - participation in the School Loan Reimbursement Assistance Program (LRAP).
CRLA invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
California Rural Legal Assistance thrives on our diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply.