WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Individual can prioritize and manage workload.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Coordinator is responsible for keeping the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team informed, on-track, and organized to meet all department goals and initiatives. The position will be cross-functional as the individual will not only handle administrative functions but also assist in the ideation and implementation of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programming.
- Assist with preparing or creating presentations and pitches for DEI partners and programming.
- Processing the CDEIO’s and Director’s Expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Write and distribute agendas, proposals, and briefing documents for internal and external meetings.
- Create and maintain database and DEI partner mailing lists.
- Track and update weekly status chart along with preparing overviews of annual DEI report for senior management.
- Provide reliable administrative support including coordinating all travel, in person meetings and Conference calls.
- Creating, implementing and maintaining detailed project management flow charts, and custom recap reports for each DEI initiative.
- Conduct research to identify new DEI development opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors via email, phone, and in-person
- Assist in coordinating and arranging events, meetings, appointments, and conferences
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in related field
- 2 - 4 years of administrative experience in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion preferred, but not required.
- Strong networking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR CERTAIN ROLES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time, and work at a computer for long periods of time.
The employee will be required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
ABOUT THE RECORDING ACADEMY AND ITS AFFILIATES:
The Recording Academy represents the voices of performers, songwriters, producers, engineers, and all music professionals. Dedicated to ensuring the recording arts remain a thriving part of our shared cultural heritage, the Academy honors music's history while investing in its future through the GRAMMY Museum, advocates on behalf of music creators, supports music people in times of need through MusiCares, and celebrates artistic excellence through the GRAMMY Awards—music's only peer-recognized accolade and highest achievement. As the world's leading society of music professionals, we work year-round to foster a more inspiring world for creators.
Established in 2008 as a partnership between the Recording Academy and AEG, the GRAMMY Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to cultivating a greater understanding of the history and significance of music. Paying tribute to our collective musical heritage, the Museum explores and celebrates all aspects of the art form—from the technology of the recording process to the legends who've made lasting marks on our cultural identity. In 2017, the Museum integrated with its sister organization, the GRAMMY Foundation, to broaden the reach of its music education and preservation initiatives. As a unified organization, today, the GRAMMY Museum fulfills its mission of making music a valued and indelible part of our society through exhibits, education, grants, and public programming.
A friend and ally of the music community, MusiCares was established by the Recording Academy to safeguard the health and well-being of all music people. A four-star charity and safety net in times of need, MusiCares offers confidential preventative, recovery, and emergency programs to address financial, medical, and personal health issues. Through the generosity of our donors and volunteer professionals, our dedicated team works across the country to ensure the music community has the resources and support it needs.
LATIN RECORDING ACADEMY
The Latin Recording Academy is an international, membership-based organization comprised of Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking recording artists, musicians, songwriters, producers and other creative and technical recording professionals. The organization is dedicated to improving the quality of life and cultural condition for Latin music and its makers. In addition to producing the Latin GRAMMY Awards to honor excellence in the recorded arts and sciences, The Latin Recording Academy provides educational and outreach programs for the Latin music community either directly or through its Latin GRAMMY Cultural Foundation®.
The Recording Academy provides equal opportunity in programs and employment and is strongly committed to maintaining a climate supportive of respect for differences and equality of opportunity. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.