Sno-Isle Libraries is accepting applications for the Page position through May 31, 2021 at this time, with interviews to take place by the end of June.
A candidate who successfully completes the interviewing process will receive an email notification and be placed in a hiring pool as a retained candidate and remain there until a Page position becomes available. It typically takes at least 3-4 months for a retained candidate to be placed, and can take longer depending on staffing needs at the locations a candidate is interested in working at. For more information about our application process, please visit our Employment FAQs page.
The Page performs sorting, shelving, locating, materials movement, and library support tasks at a community library to contribute to its effective operation, providing library services, spaces, and resources that are representative of diverse cultures and perspectives, intentionally inclusive, and accessible to everyone.
This position works a 15-hour per week schedule and may include morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours including Sundays, with specific scheduling practices varying by location and depending on operational needs. Successful candidate may be required to adapt to future schedule and location changes depending on the library needs.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Provides effective and efficient library support services to include shelving and retrieving materials, collecting, and sorting by classification returned materials from book drops and circulation areas.
- Performs basic circulation support duties, other than direct customer service.
- Assists in maintaining the library's shelved materials areas and reading rooms in neat, clean, and orderly condition.
- Assists with shelf readings as assigned.
- Assists with general clerical support to include assisting with the operation and maintenance of equipment as well as photocopying and distributing materials.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform data entry as assigned.
- Train new staff as needed.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position reports to a Supervising Public Services Assistant or Library Circulation Supervisor. Supervision of the work of others is not a normal part of the position's work.