- High school diploma or GED/HSE required. Associate’s degree from and accredited college or university in social work, psychology, counseling, human services or education preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience training, counseling, providing workforce development services, or instruction;
- Experience with job readiness and/or cognitive behavioral curricula facilitation including Thinking for a Change, OWDS, ART (Aggression Replacement Training), or similar preferable;
- Good Microsoft Office skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including phone etiquette;
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus;
- Ability to work as an effective part of a team, with individuals of varied backgrounds (both experiential and academic);
- Familiarity with the Fair Chance Act a plus;
- Ability to apply skills learned from prior work experience, or formal academic training in a related subject area, to the day-to-day project activities; and
- Demonstrated success in being participant-centered, self-motivated with excellent relationship skills.
Travel Requirements: May require travel to our Harlem offices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.