EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or related 7 years professional office experience
- 4 years professional experience in customer facing role, managing multiple stakeholders and complex processes
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience coordinating projects or complex tasks within a humanitarian NGO.
- Experience living and communicating cross-culturally in a relief/development setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication, organizational and facilitation skills
- Flexible problem-solving skills, with the ability to read context clues, recognize patterns and navigate ambiguous situations
- Executive presence, reliable professional comportment judgment, understanding of organizational strategy, and successful experience managing cross-business unit initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to partner directly with other department managers; work efficiently and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Proven success with process design and process improvement
- In depth knowledge in key lean/ six sigma tools and has successfully applied them: Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Variability analysis, KPI and performance management, visual performance boards, root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Travel requirements when applicable
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.