Who We Are
Elevate Outdoor Collective is an alliance of iconic outdoor and winter sports brands with a specialized focus on skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing. With each unique brand maintaining its own individual points of view and driving independent innovation, the Collective is fueled with the strength of world-class development facilities and engineers, global distribution channels and committed outdoor lifestyle enthusiasts and experts. Our brands include K2 Skis, K2 Snowboards, Marker, Dalbello, Völkl, RIDE Snowboards, LINE Skis, Backcountry Access, Atlas Snow Shoe Co., Tubbs Snowshoes, Madshus and K2 Skates.
With an international portfolio of world-renowned brands recognized as trailblazers in innovation, performance and, most importantly, fun times by active lifestyle enthusiasts across the globe, Elevate Outdoor Collective will continue its mission to progress the culture of each and every outdoor endeavor it represents. As “One Team” backed by world-class development facilities and product engineers, incredibly talented athletes and ambassadors and a top-notch crew of employees who live and breathe the outdoor active lifestyle, Elevate Outdoor Collective is eager to take things to the next level.
The Design Engineer role will include design and development of new snowboard products. The products should be high quality, good durability, marketable, capable of efficient production and cost effective. The Design Engineer works closely with the Product Director, Product Line Manager and other colleagues to meet market and financial needs. This position will be responsible for new product planning, prototyping, creating product design and engineering documentation and working with vendors and suppliers for the commercialization of the products.
- Product Development
- Develop specific designs and technologies to meet category needs
- Execute the design process and generate the files and deliverables necessary to create cost efficient, durable, and manufacturable products
- Coordinate testing of the products and prototypes with focus groups and take a leading role in feedback meetings
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams maintaining communication through the design cycle
- Be educated and aware of industry and market trends, generate concepts and find creative solutions for design challenges that add value to the performance and marketability of the product and brand.
- Avoid infringement of existing patents and create new ones for Elevate where possible
- Project and Engineering Management
- Develop and maintain accurate specifications, tool lists and development lists for clear communication with the factory
- Develop and produce materials such as product specifications, instructions and feature descriptions to support the sales and marketing teams in clear communication both internally and customer facing
- Understand and drive timelines to stay on schedule
- Set up specifications for quality control of product and ensure that Q/A processes are efficient and effective
- Work with factory on initiatives to improve quality and efficiency
- Be aware of user feedback, effectively communicate issues to the factory, and initiate corrective action plans
- Travel – Minimum Requirements
- Several multi day (4-10day) international and domestic trips per year to support our manufacturing centers as well as customer engagement and marketing events.