Starting at $11.15/hour
The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent experiences in health & wellness, early childhood and adult education, sports and recreation, camping, Jewish and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits, including a complimentary membership! The Js commitment to diversity and equity is ongoing, and our culture is warm and inclusive of all, regardless of faith. Employees are safe being who they are at work. We invite you to be a part of our amazing team and community.
- Welcome all children and parents to KidZone babysitting.
- Provide general care for KidZone children including feeding, changing diapers, assisting with restroom usage, and providing discipline when necessary.
- Working with children 6 months to 12 years.
- Maintain a safe, clean, interactive environment where children can play, grow, and explore.
- Assist in implementation of specialized child care programming for various age levels.
- Interact with all children at various levels of understanding through games, activities, and general play.
- Answer telephone and accept reservations from parents in a courteous manner.
- Maintain and foster relationships with parents.
- Maintain parental instructions for each child when appropriate.
- Fill out and organize all necessary forms and documentation.
- Assist in promoting agency programs and services.
- Create a comfortable, positive, and welcoming environment.
- Follow and enforce all JCC policies.
- Comply with safety and emergency policies.
- Attend all meetings as requested by supervisor.
- Arrive promptly at scheduled work time.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.